...obeying the voices in my head...

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Auguries of Innocence

The actual post was temporary and a bit disturbing...I dont feel that way right now. So here's the edit.
I know I cant delete my emotions and previous feelings, but I just felt this way.

Now coming to the poem by William Blake, the starting four lines are so beautiful...I was spellbound by the words. The whole poem is truly amazing especially the way it ends.

The poem starts with this -

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour."


Something about these four lines that really mesmerizes me.Just simply Wow!!



And it ends in the following way -



"
Every Night & every Morn
Some to Misery are Born.
Every Morn & every Night
Some are Born to sweet Delight.
Some are Born to sweet Delight,
Some are born to Endless Night.
We are led to Believe a Lie
When we see not Thro' the Eye
Which was Born in a Night to Perish in a Night
When the Soul Slept in Beams of Light.
God Appears & God is Light
To those poor Souls who dwell in the Night,
But does a Human Form Display
To those who Dwell in Realms of day."

I might have just spoilt the main parts of the poem to you...but its just too amazing that I can keep it inside.
Brilliant!!

1 comments:

Aanshi said...

i loved this one yaar.. awesome this is..
but not fair, i want to see the original one...(to reply on my profile plz bcoz i mite not search ur profile again)...